10.0.0.1 login Internet Protocol address is used in several wireless routers default IP addresses. Perhaps the most widespread wireless router using this Internet Protocol address is the company named Comcast Xfinity router.
If you are using Comcast’s router for your Internet it’s good to know the default IP just in case you want to do manage your router settings or fixing your router on your own. Turn the wireless Internet on or off, Changing your network name, securing your wireless network to prevent any attacks or by changing password are just few of the things you can do easily once you enters in to the router’s Administration Tool.
In order to access Xfinity router management settings they’re always a built-in web page that opens in your Internet browser but doesn’t require any Internet access. Connection must be wired or wireless. You have to first login with your router credentials that could be your router default “Username” and “Password” to access router configuration. This page is your Xfinity login page. Xfinity Login page is for the security of your router, which prevents other outer person to prevent, changes in your router settings.
You can login into this utility management web page of Xfinity router with the help of these following steps:
- Firstly choose your connection type whether its wired or wireless doesn’t matter but you must connected with the router
- For wireless connect to your Xfinity Wi-Fi router. Find Wi-Fi network from your computer device and connect to it. It requires your network password, which is printed on your router back.
- For wired connection connect your one side of LAN Ethernet cable to computer and another into your Xfinity router. It don’t require any password
- After creating a connection with Xfinity router open Internet browser (i.e. Chrome, Internet explorer, opera etc.)
- Type default access address of your Xfinity router in your browser at the top of the window in the address bar that is 10.0.0.1 and go (i.e. Router addresses differs by model). Make sure you type 10.0.0.1 correctly and not 1o.o.o.1.( ITS ZERO NOT ‘O’)
- Xfinity Login page appears in your Internet browser enters your default Xfinity router password and get in into the utility management settings of your Xfinity router. This login page is for the security of your router. You can change the password in router setting on any time by preventing other to access to you router.
You can also change this login details in settings. Xfinity default login page details are as follows:-
After successfully login into router management page you can make the following common changes.
- Changing the router password
- Changing the wireless password
- Change your router Network name (SSID)
- Set up your custom Parental controls
- Safe your network
- Port forwarding for mostly gaming